Whether it’s email, voicemail, LinkedIn or text message, there are many ways to reach out to prospects, and having the right tools in your pocket will help you achieve outreach success.
AG Salesworks recently released their Inside Sales Messaging Toolkit, a complete arsenal of sales tips and insights. It is also full of interesting sales outreach stats to shed light on sales voicemails, emails, phone calls, and social selling.
So hold on to your smartphones; we’ve got 25 awe-inspiring sales outreach statistics.
Sales Email Stats
1. Email opens increase after 12 p.m., with the most active period being between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. (MailChimp)
2. Tuesday emails have the highest open rate compared to other weekdays. (Experian)
3. 33% of email recipients open emails based on subject line alone. (Convince and Convert)
4. Subject lines with more than 3 words experience a drop in open rate by over 60%. (ContactMonkey)
6. For B2B companies, subject lines that contained the words “alert” and “breaking” perform well. (Adestra 2013)
7. B2B customers have become desensitized to words such as “reports”, “forecasts”, and “intelligence”. (Adestra 2013)
8. SDRs experienced a 15% growth year-over-year in conversations per account (and across contacts) before passing the qualified opportunity. (AG Salesworks, Outbound Index)
Sales Voicemail Stats
9. The average voicemail response rate is 4.8%. (InsideSales)
10. A team of 50 sales reps leave about 1,277 hours of voicemails per month. (RingDNA)
11. 15% of every sales reps’ time simply leaving voicemails. (RingLead)
Sales Call Stats
14. On the phone, tone is 86% of our communication. (ContactPoint)
15. On the phone, words we actually use are only 14% of our communication. (ContactPoint)
17. The worst times to call are Mondays from 6 a.m. to noon and Fridays in the afternoon. (RingDNA)
18. 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after meeting. (Scripted)
19. 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. (Scripted)
20. 96% of sales professionals use LinkedIn at least once a week and spend an average of 6 hours per week on LinkedIn. (The Sales Management Association)
21. 5% of B2B sales teams consider social media a successful lead generation method. (Ken Krogue)
23. 73% of salespeople using social selling as part of their sales process outperform their sales peers and exceeded quota 23% more often. (Aberdeen)
24. The best time to tweet is during commute times and lunch breaks; 1 to 3 p.m. and early morning, 8 to 10 a.m. (Buffer)
25. The best time to post on LinkedIn is during business hours, Monday through Friday from morning to midday. (Buffer)
Great brands similar to AG Salesworks and RingLead are included in Yesware’s Deal Room. Check it out here for awesome deals and discounts.
Get more sales tips in the upcoming webinar, How to Grow Your Sales Pipeline While Increasing Conversions on April 29 at 2pm ET.