Email remains one of the most effective ways to reach your target accounts.
- 92% of adults use email, with the average employee spending 13 working hours a week in their inbox
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter
- When it comes to conversion rate by lead source, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), compared to social, direct mail and more
But your email strategy is only as strong as your data. Many companies develop sophisticated email strategies and funnel thousands of dollars into email automation software, just to have their strategies fail horribly at the hands of bad data.
In our experience, email campaigns fail for a few key reasons:
- A generic, one-size-fits-all approach to messaging that results in unopened emails, unsubscribes and spam boxes. Using a data enrichment service can dramatically improve your email marketing campaigns. Enrich existing or incoming data from web forms to learn more about your buyers, their interests, where to market to them (i.e. what social media platforms they use the most) and what they are in the market for. All in all, enriched data will enable you to segment audiences and deliver highly-relevant, personalized messaging that results in increased revenue and higher click thru rates.
- Limited to no flexibility for the recipient to decide the frequency and content of emails. Your buyers and prospects need options. Enabling them to tell you what kind of emails they are interested in (i.e. product announcements vs. special offers vs. a monthly newsletter), and how often they want to hear from you (i.e. weekly, monthly, exclusive offers only), improves your reporting accuracy by ensuring you are not sending emails to subscribers who have already decided they are not interested in certain content.
- A contact list rigged with invalid emails that will inevitably land you on suspended account lists. On average, a company’s contact list will experience a 20 percent degradation rate each year. People change emails, they misspell email domains, or they give fake emails altogether to avoid what they’ve already labeled as “spam.” By leveraging an email validation tool, you can validate all emails and ensure that when you deploy a campaign, your emails actually make it to the inbox. This alone will dramatically improve reporting and reduce unsubscribes and bounces.
Perfecting the art of email marketing campaigns is not for the weak. It requires A/B testing, patience, and persistence. The payoff? Strong email campaigns will help you avoid missed opportunity costs, spam traps and legal consequences related to data protection laws.
So, where should you start? Our data scientists recommend starting with your sender list. For more information on the benefits of and getting started with email validation, check out our email validation whitepaper.
To learn more about our data enrichment platform and services, give us a call at +1 (888) 240-8088.