“Being able to use RingLead to remove 10, 000 duplicates from Salesforce was a really a big win in the eyes of a lot of people: our account management team; Sales… but more importantly, it was a win for members of our executive team who probably didn’t recognize that data decay was so bad and that a lot of issues come from those kinds of records in your system”
– Bryan Vaughn, Senior Manager Sales Operations, MCG Health
ABOUT MCG HEALTH
MCG Health is a healthcare content and technology company providing hospitals, health systems, health plans and insurance companies with the information they need to feel confident in their care management decisions.
- Industry: Health
- Company size: 201-500 employees
- Customers: 9 health plans and around 2000 hospitals.
Bryan Vaughn tells us how the underlying data challenges in their CRM were eroding the success of their marketing and sales activities and ROI.
Data challenge 1
Data decay & Parent/Child Relationships
MCG Health’s Salesforce instance was 15 years old, contained out of date data and thousands of duplicate records resulting in:
- Wasted time on low value administrative tasks and data updates
- High email bounce rates in outbound contact
- Reduced ROI from CRM & Marketing Automation mistargeted activities
”"You're sending emails to the wrong people; you're sending emails to people that no longer work at an organization, but we've still got it in our database because we have a database that's 15 years old."
Bryan customized deduplication tasks using a combination of strict and loose fuzzy matching criteria to ensure that duplicates were accurately identified.
He was then able to control, retain and prioritize data and maintain necessary duplicate Parent/Child relationships by customizing pre-built surviving field value templates to MCG Health’s unique business requirements.
”"When merging we needed to maintain necessary duplicates so we can log information in the right place, cases, activities, anything that needs to be logged against the contact record."
With 10,000 duplicates merged on the first cleanse, Bryan is now seeing reduced error rates. He has also gained control over parent and child account information and relationships. Merged scores are now added together to accurately identify hot leads. Overall, they are increasing the ROI of their marketing activities.
”"There is no question that RingLead allows our marketing team to be more effective when they have clean data: they don't have duplicates; we understand what lead scores are when we pass over leads; these things are vitally important for us to succeed. "
"Our deliverability of emails has gone up significantly. The ability of our inside sales team to make correct contacts more quickly and more efficiently is definitely a result of deduplication. It allows us to make calls to the right people at the right organizations."
Data Challenge 2
Lack of data standardization
Bryan noticed when processes, tasks and systems consumed unstandardized data, the outcome was:
- Poor follow-up time due to inefficient lead routing
- Inefficient territory management
- Inability to personalise contact effectively due to inconsistent segmentation.
”"If you're trying to do segmentation in marketing; if you're trying to build lists in Salesforce, if you're trying to reassign territories; when you have variance in a two character State - you can't do it."
By performing mass updates and data normalization using RingLead’s Data Orchestration Platform to standardize data such as State, Job consistently flows through their systems for routing, reassignment, and reporting.
Standardizing data has achieved some incredible results including:
- Reduced manual intervention in tasks, territory assignment and reporting
- Consistent segmentation to route leads to the right team member
- Faster contact times from automated, accurate routing
- Ability to target content at the right time of the buyer cycle with improved segmentation
- Telling the right story for informed decisions through accurate analytics.
Data Challenge 3
No ABM Lack of Account Life-Cycle Visibility
Leads were not linked to accounts in MCG Heath’s CRM resulting in:
- Time delays in getting leads to the right people
- Lack of visibility of all contacts and leads related to an account
- Missed opportunities by slow or no contact.
MCG Health incorporated RingLead into their sales and marketing ecosystem to link leads-to-accounts for prospect accounts, convert leads to contacts for existing customers and merge leads with an existing contact.
“Hot leads on hot accounts would slip throught the cracks because they weren’t linked“
Bryan and MCG Health are now able harness:
- Automated account-based routing to the right people
- Faster follow up by Account Owners to optimise lead interest
- Better Account Life – Cycle Visibility Unified account with full pictured, and contact profiles – a single view of customer for more personalised and effective account based marketing accounts.
”"As far as ABM goes, I can definitely see a need for the linked account feature, to understand who all the leads are that are associated with an account, so you can effectively market to them."
Data Challenge 4
Complex bulk updates
Using the Salesforce data loader to manage the frequent bulk updates MCG Health needed was complex and time-consuming for Bryan due to:
- Limits on what updates could be made
- Excessive time to bulk reassign territories
- Missed opportunities due to time delays in the process
- Incorrect reporting due to inaccurate data
”"Salesforce data loader requires you to download from Salesforce, make the changes and then reload. It's cumbersome…it's pretty complicated."
MCG Health used RingLead’s Mass Update to easily customize bulk data updates in Salesforce without having to import or export. Two ways they use Mass Update are for:
- Territory reassignment to update and reassign records owned by inactive users
- Opportunity status changes update opportunities past close date to close lost automatically based on time.
For Bryan, there are now unlimited possibilities for mass data updates based around MCG’s business requirements. He is seeing:
- Simple and quick territory reassignment
- Seamless continuation of sales owner activities
- More time for selling.
”"With RingLead it's really simple, just hit update and it does it all for you. I mean, right now that's my best friend."
Bryan and MCG Health worked with RingLead and orchestrated their data using a single platform to overcome their multifaceted data challenge of:
- Data decay
- Lack of data standardization
- Leads not linking to accounts
- Complex bulk updates
to bring efficiency and effectiveness to their marketing and sales activities and improve their ROI.