Getting Started - How do I install Capture?
What you will need to start:
- Google Chrome Browser
- Google Account and Credentials
Verify any other users you might have registered or installed on Chrome in the settings, and select the correct user.
Open your Settings in the drop down tab in Chrome
Verify how many users are currently installed and registered in your user list.
If other accounts are installed into your Chrome Browser, verify that you have the correct account selected for Capture to be installed in the top left of the browser.
After you have verified the correct user is selected, you may begin the installation process.
1. Navigate to https://www.ringlead.com/dms-capture/ and Click “Install Now”
2. Chrome will prompts you to add the the Capture extension. Click “Add Extension” and installation of Capture will begin.
3. After Installation has completed Chrome will provide a second prompt indicating where you can find Capture in your Chrome extensions tray. Click close on this window and open Capture by clicking the Capture logo in the extensions tray.
4. Next complete the registration form by providing your name, email, company and CRM and click “Register”.
*Note, you will not be able to change the email associated here as it is the email currently synced with your Chrome
5. After registering one final prompt will with the Capture License Agreement will be display. Read at your leisure by scrolling down and click Accept at the bottom of the window.
6. At this point Capture is setup and ready to begin capturing contacts from pages however it is not connected to your CRM. To complete connecting Capture to your Salesforce instance continue by click “OK” we prompted to finish setting up Capture.
7. You are taken to the settings screen where we can see that we are setup to export to Salesforce and the connection is currently not Authorized. Click the “Authorize” button to begin authenticating with Salesforce.
8. A new window will open up with the Capture connect to Salesforce wizard. Simply click “Connect” to begin.
9. The page will be redirected to the Salesforce Login page. Complete login as you normally would and you will be returned to Captures Salesforce Authorization page. This time it says that “Capture was successfully connected” to Salesforce.
Capture is now ready to capture lead and contacts from webpages and send them directly into your Salesforce instance.
Need Help Getting Started?
Use the Community Tab under searches.
Q. Google Chrome says that I am already signed into this account on this computer.
A. Verify that you have the correct user account selected in the upper left hand corner of the browser.
Q. When trying to use the Capture functionality, I am redirected to a site to buy or activate Capture.
A. If you have already bought and activated the Capture!, make sure to press the Reload Limits button before you start.
Q. Will my information entered into the registration fields be tracked?
A. We take privacy very seriously at RingLead. Please refer to our Privacy and Security page for more information.
How do I start Using Capture?
Getting Started with Capture
Capture makes it easy to locate, research, and import into your CRM
How does RingLead integrate with Oracle?
RingLead is a Gold-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and integrates its Google Chrome plugin, Capture, in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. This offering is available to Oracle Sales Cloud customers.
For new customers not currently using Capture:
1. Install Capture
2. Once installed and in your Chrome browser, Click on the Capture Icon
3. Register for Capture and from the list of available integrations, select Oracle
3. By default Capture is set to export data into Salesforce. Change this to Oracle. Click on the Menu and click Settings
4. Within the Settings menu, click Change to update the CRM export destination
5. Click on Oracle and click Select
6. Configure the Oracle Sales Cloud API access (for questions on this step, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Click Save Settings in order to configure Oracle Sales Cloud with Capture
For existing Capture customers not integrated with Oracle Sales Cloud:
1. Click on the Capture icon in your Google Chrome browser
2. Click on Menu and click Settings
3. Within the Settings menu, click Change to update the CRM export destination
4. Click on Oracle and click Select
5. Configure the Oracle Sales Cloud API access (for questions on this step, contact support at email@example.com)
6. Click Save Settings in order to configure Oracle Sales Cloud with Capture
Now you can begin capturing contact data and importing it directly into Oracle Sales Cloud. For more information or troubleshooting, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Oracle Cloud Marketplace?
The Oracle Cloud Marketplace is a one-stop shop for Oracle customers seeking trusted business applications and service providers offering unique business solutions, including ones that extend Oracle Cloud Applications. Oracle Cloud delivers the industry’s broadest suite of enterprise-grade public cloud services, including data as a service (DaaS), software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
The Oracle Cloud Marketplace not only offers an intuitive user interface to browse and search for available applications and services, but also provides user ratings and reviews to help customers determine the best business solutions for their organization. With its new automated application installation features, customers can easily deploy provider business applications from a centralized cloud interface.
What is the Oracle PartnerNetwork?
The Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is the latest version of Oracle’s partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more, visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
How do you Connect Capture to Marketo?
To connect Marketo to Capture we need to first create the necessary Roles, Users, and Services in Marketo. If you already have an LaunchPoint Service you wish to use jump to Getting Service Credentials.
- Create an API Role
- Create an API User
- Create a Service
- Getting Service Credentials
- Entering Marketo Credentials into Capture
To get started log into your Marketo as an administrator and navigate to Admin > Security > User & Roles.
1. Create an API Role
From here review your existing roles by clicking the Roles tab for one that either has API access enabled. If one does not exist create a new Role by clicking New Role otherwise skip to Create an API User.
Enter a name for the Role indicating it’s purpose and Select the required API permissions (listed below) and click Save.
- Approve Assets
- Execute Campaign
- Read-Only Activity
- Read-Only Assets
- Read-Only Campaign
- Read-Only Lead
- Read-Write Activity
- Read-Write Assets
- Read-Write Lead
2. Create an API User
The API user is special from regular logins and cannot be used to log into with Capture. If you already have and API user you wish to use skip to Create a Service. For this reason even if you already have a user you will need to create a second user for them exclusively for Capture.
|To do so click the Invite New User button and fill out the info tab with information relevant the the user.
Tip: You cannot use the original user’s email address but since this user will not receive any emailed information and because this is a trick with most email systems add a +API or +Marketo to the end of the recipient to create a valid email address that most likely can be emailed to (depends on your email provider). ex. Capture@RingLead.com => Capture+API@RingLead.com or Capture+Marketo@RingLead.com
|After complete basic user information click Next and select from the permissions your existing or new API Role. Additionally, you will need to check the API Only option below the roles.|
|On the final step click Send to complete user setup.|
3. Create a Service
Navigate to Admin >Integration > LaunchPoint. Here you will see any previously installed services. If you already have a service you would like to use skip to Getting Service Credentials.
To create a new Service click New > New Service. Enter a display name relevant to the user that you will be using this connection and the service “Custom”. This will display some additional settings below. Enter a description (can be the same as the name) and select the API Only User that you previously create and click Create.
4. Getting Service Credentials
With the service you wish to use click on the View Details link in the right most column. This will bring up a dialog called Details and contains Client ID and a Client Secret. These two pieces will be entered into Capture. Copy these into a notepad or other temporary location. Next we need to get your Marketo Account ID. It is available in a number of different places but the easiest is to navigate to Admin> Integration > Munchkin where you will see a field labeled Munchkin Account ID. Copy this value and place it in the same temporary location as the Client ID and Client Secret.
Note: We do not recommend saving these values to your computer or else where as they do grant API access to your Marketo account. Once entered into Capture please discard any temporary storage of these values.
5. Entering Marketo Credentials into Capture
Open Capture from the Chrome extensions tray and click the Navigation Menu and select Settings. (left)
Locate the Export To field and click Change. From this dialog select Marketo and click Select. (below)
This will take you back to the Settings page where three new fields will be available, Client ID, Client Secret, and Marketo Account ID.
Using the values you gathered in Step 4 fill these field in and click Save Settings.
At this point your instance of Capture should be ready to go with Marketo.
How do you Connect Capture to PCRecruiter?
Please follow steps outlined in this document: Capture-Installation-Guide-PCRecruiter.pdf
Capture v2.1 Release Notes
“We are very excited to introduce our community to the new Capture,” said Alfandary. “This version features a brand new design, an easier prospect management system, company data enrichment, mass duplicate check, enhances Salesforce integration, and additional integration options. The new version will be available in mid April, when all customers will be automatically upgraded,” he said.
Brand New Design
Capturing information from web pages, social media sites, a browser text selection, or from a keyboard is even easier than with the previous version of Capture. With the three new options: “Page, Text Selection and from Clipboard” information travels from the web into a CRM or a spreadsheet faster than ever.
RingLead has made it easier to manage the prospects collected in Capture and CRM integrations are a now a snap. Select one or more records using the redesigned Actions button and easily export to a CSV file or connected CRM.
Mass Duplicate Check
In comparison to the previous version where you had to check for duplicates one at a time, the new Capture allows for mess duplicate check. Simply mark contact cards and hit the Check Duplicates button, and RingLead will do the rest for you, providing a significant productivity boost for your prospecting team.
When researching prospects using Capture, RingLead may return additional information on the company or organization of a company’s prospects.
The new release of Capture will return the following company data whenever it is available:
●Estimated Number of Employees
●Company Social Profiles (Twitter, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn Page, and more!)
RingLead has enhanced its Salesforce integration making it even easier to create or update Leads and Contacts. The standard Salesforce field mapping as well as map custom fields are now easily manageable.
RingLead is pleased to announce integrations with even more partners such as Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo, and eRecruit. Additional integration partners can be added by reaching out to a RingLead sales representative. They will be able to see how it might still be possible to use Capture with a different type of CRM.
Capture v2.2 Release Notes
- Added settings for Max Contacts and Page Size
- Added navigation to Release Notes web page upon installation/upgrade
- Improved Export to CSV (added firmographics and email verification details)
- Added new data sources for Premium Capture licenses
Capture v2.3 Release Notes
- Company Research – Now you can research using just the company name. In seconds, Capture will provide pristine firmographic data such as revenue, number of employees, and corporate address.
- New integration with SalesLoft to easily sync contact information to accelerate sales automation.
- Current customers with Group Licenses are now able to add and delete users through the admin parent account.
Capture v2.4 Release Notes
What’s new for this release?
- NEW Get-Started Tutorial – Step-by-step guide on how to start using Capture, highlighting key functionality with a streamlined CRM and Marketing Automation Platform setup process.
- NEW Outreach.io Integration – Allows users the ability to export contacts to Outreach.io.
- NEW Icons for Email Verification Status – Checkmark icons replaced with D and E (gray/blue) to confirm website domain and email verification.